Shared ownership is another way to buy your own home. You buy a percentage, and pay rent on the rest. The housing association owns part of it — but you’re living there, you decorate it, and you decide when to sell.
Buying a percentage means a smaller deposit and smaller mortgage. It’s a sooner first step on the ladder for lots of people. Usually, you can also carry on buying shares, to own it 100%.
Read more about Shared ownership (Opens in new window)
Heritage Fields, 2-3 bed homes
A new collection of two and three bedroom houses for shared ownership are available to reserve now at Heritage Fields in St. Nicholas-at Wade, Thanet, Kent.
This idyllic location also offers excellent road links to the historic City of Canterbury, the beautiful Kent coast and to London.
Each home features the following specification:
- Fully fitted Howdens Glendevon gloss kitchen in gloss white with white mirror chip laminate worktop and stainless-steel splashback. Under pelmet lighting
- Integrated kitchen appliances, including single electric oven, gas hob, extractor hood, fridge freezer, washer dryer and integrated dishwasher.
- Fully fitted bathroom with bath, shower, screen, mirror and chrome heated towel rail.
- Downstairs WC
- Downlights to kitchen and bathroom. Pendants to all other rooms.
- Vinyl flooring in Jupiter Rome Oak to kitchen, living/dining, bathroom and WC. Carpet in Bella to all other areas.
- Rear garden plus turf.
- Central heating
- Two allocated parking spaces
- 12 year BLP warranty.
These homes are available for off-plan reservations and will be ready to move into later in the year.