Shared ownership is another way to buy your own home. You buy a percentage, and pay rent on the rest. The housing association owns part of it — but you’re living there, you decorate it, and you decide when to sell.
Buying a percentage means a smaller deposit and smaller mortgage. It’s a sooner first step on the ladder for lots of people. Usually, you can also carry on buying shares, to own it 100%.
Read more about Shared ownership (Opens in new window)
Valeria Bay, 2-3 bed homes
Moat is pleased to release details of these two and three bedroom houses for shared ownership in New Romney.
These homes are available to reserve off plan now and will be ready to move into from winter 2019.
Built by prestigious developer, Pentland Homes, the houses will feature everything that you could need for modern living:
- Fully fitted Symphony Plaza range kitchen in porcelain with light grey laminate worktop.
- Integrated Electrolux Zanussi kitchen appliances, including stainless steel oven, gas hob and extractor hood, stainless steel splashback, fridge freezer and washing machine.
- Fully fitted bathroom with shower, shower screen and chrome heated towel rail.
- Vinyl flooring to all wet areas. Carpet to remaining areas.
- Rear gardens.
- Downstairs WC.
- En-suite to master bedroom*
- Two allocated parking spaces.
- Sky Q enabled TV wiring system pre-installed.
- Fibre broadband infrastructure equipment pre-installed.
- Gas central heating.
- 2 year NHBC warranty.
*Three bedroom houses only.