Shared ownership is another way to buy your own home. You buy a percentage, and pay rent on the rest. The housing association owns part of it — but you’re living there, you decorate it, and you decide when to sell.
Buying a percentage means a smaller deposit and smaller mortgage. It’s a sooner first step on the ladder for lots of people. Usually, you can also carry on buying shares, to own it 100%.
Electric House (Ref: 1077)
A contemporary one-bed, second floor shared ownership apartment set within an iconic building in the heart of vibrant Willesden Green.
This spacious home enjoys fantastic views of the city, as well as a unique design by the award-winning architect, Stephen Marshall. Located on the second floor of this purpose build development, the home features laminate flooring in the living areas and he hallway, a fitted wardrobe in the master bedroom and a modern fully fitted kitchen with integrated appliances.
• Fitted carpets to bedrooms
• Laminate wood flooring to hallway, kitchen, living/dining room
• Fitted wardrobe in master bedroom
• Bicycle store
• Contemporary Symphony cashmere grey kitchen
• Dark ash worktop and upstand
• Under cupboard lighting
• Integrated oven and ceramic hob with extractor
• Integrated appliances including fridge/freezer, washer/dryer and dishwasher
• Contemporary white sanitary ware with chrome fittings
• Screen and shower over bath
• Ceramic wall and floor tiling
• Fitted wall mirror
• Heated chrome towel rail
• Vaillant Echotec boiler
Local area information
It’s the perfect location; the centre of London can be reached in under half an hour, but the area doesn’t lack in greenery, with many parks to explore for those who want to escape the hubbub of life in the capital.
Willesden Green is snugly nestled between super-smart Brondesbury Park to the south, West Hampstead to the east and Dollis Hill to the north. With its many tree-lined mid- Victorian streets, it has a distinctive village feel, and yet – located in Zone 2 – it is in the heart of London.
· Jubilee Line tube station at Willesden Green (4 minutes walk)
· Overground Station at Brondesbury Park (16 minutes walk)
Around Willesden Green there are several local gyms, leisure centres and beautiful parks including Roundwood and Gladstone with cafés, tennis courts, athletics facilities and even a summer theatre within strolling distance.